- Athletics Yukon establishes, each year, a schedule of athletic events ranging from cross-country races to road races. This schedule is distributed widely.
- As part of the event schedule, Athletics Yukon establishes a series of Yukon Championship events. In a typical year this will include the Yukon Cross-Country Championships, the Yukon 5 k. and 10 k. Road Championships.
- To have your event placed on the schedule all the event organizer has to do is contact a member of the executive of Athletics Yukon.
Lotteries Yukon/Athletics Yukon Travel Assistance Program
- Lotteries Yukon will provide 50% of travel costs up to $200.00 per person (athletes and coaches) two times a year for two different types of events (e.g. track race, walking race, trail race) in the Yukon or outside the Yukon. The travel may be by ground or by air. Click here for form.
- Please read the steps carefully. All forms and documents must be submitted within the stated timelines or Lotteries Yukon may reject the application.
- NOTE: Lotteries Yukon Travel Assistance applications for the 2016 Victoria Marathon must in to Athletics Yukon NO LATER THAN Monday, September 19, and MUST include complete application , proof of registration, and copy of receipt for air ticket. Forms can be dropped off at Sport Yukon.
- Event organizers who want to have their event sanctioned need fill out and submit the application form(s) to the executive (see below).
- The event organizers receive a number of benefits. These include: event insurance that covers the organizers and the participants. Also, access to timing equipment and organizational materials; technical assistance in planning and running an event.
All members of Athletics Yukon are covered by a blanket insurance policy while engaged in official sanctioned Athletics Yukon activities.
As part of Athletics Yukon commitment to ensuring that members have access to a range of competitive experiences, periodically Athletics Yukon will establish selection criteria and choose athletes to compete in major competitions outside the territory, including:
- Jack Brow Memorial Track and Field Meet (Kelowna B.C.)
- Western Canada Summer Games
- Canada Summer Games
- Arctic Winter Games
- B.C. Provincial Cross Country Championships
- Canadian Cross Country Championships
- Canadian Juvenile Championships including the National Legion Track and Field Camp
- Canadian Junior Championships for Track and Field
Athletics Yukon Affiliate Members
For the purposes of hosting of competitions in Athletics and/or the promotion of and support in the development of Athletics, Athletics Yukon affiliate members are:
- Boreal Adventure Running Association – contact Rick Janowicz at email@example.com or (867-668-2858).
- Yukon River Tail Marathon
- Long Lake Triathlon
- Mount Lorne Mis-Adventure Race – contact Sue MacKinnon-Dunn (867) 668-7814.
- Mount Lorne Mid-Adventure Race
- Run Dawson – contact Suzanne Crocker (867) 993-6842
- Gold Poke Run
- Dome Race
- Discovery Days Race