Location: Start: Schwatka Lake Floatplane dock on Miles Canyon Road End:
Miles Canyon Schwatka Lake Floatplane dock on Miles Canyon Road
Description: Leg 1 of the Yukon River Trail Marathon.
Note: This is a OUT AND BACK run. During the marathon you will only be running the out portion.
Distance: Approx 8km total (4km each way)
COST: Members are free. Non Members cost $5 fee to cover insurance, trail marking and snacks
Note: There will be water and/or chocolate milk at the end of each run. To help reduce our environmental impact please bring your own drinking container.
This is a wilderness run so a few rules apply:
- No earbuds
- Follow flags and stay on trails
- Advised to carry cell phone with Race Organizer’s phone number (Usually Nancy: 333-0983)
- Events are self-timed and each runner MUST check in at completion by entering their time on the sign in sheet (if you do not sign in we will come looking)
- Carrying bear spray and whistle may be appropriate
- All runners with dogs must follow the group by a few minutes to avoid tripping incidents