Athletics Yukon will be using Strava for our Virtual events. If you are wanting to attend our virtual events here are a few tips.
- The events will be posted both on our Calendar of Events, as well as though the Strava app.
- Some events will have a Strava route attached to the event. This will allow you to download the route if you use the Strava mobile app. Instructions to do this can be found here
- In Strava, our virtual events will have a start time of 11:30PM. We do not expect you to start at 11:30PM but we do this because the event will vanish from Strava after the start time. By setting it late it will give you all day to download the route to your phone, if there is one attached.
- When complete, make sure your privacy settings are set to ‘Everyone’ for the activity. This will allow us to see your event and perhaps you might get some free AY swag.
- Inaccurate results from mobile phone? We have noticed that on some mobile devices the accuracy is much better if you turn off WiFi during the run.
- Garmin Running Watches. If you have a Garmin Running watch we would recommended using it for better accuracy. You can connect Garmin GPS running watches with Strava so your run that is recorded with Garmin automatically sync’s with Strava – no phone required!
If you are not on Strava and are interested, you can join our club using this link https://www.strava.com/clubs/athleticsyukon