Athletics Yukon establishes, each year, a schedule of athletic events ranging from cross-country races to road races. This schedule is distributed widely.
As part of the event schedule, Athletics Yukon establishes a series of Yukon Championship events. In a typical year this will include the Yukon Cross-Country Championships, the Yukon 5 k. and 10 k. Road Championships.
To have your event placed on the schedule all the event organizer has to do is contact a board member of Athletics Yukon.
Athletic Yukon members may apply for travel assistance when traveling to an event. To find more about this program please visit the Travel Assistance Applications page.
Event organizers who want to have their event sanctioned need fill out and submit the application form(s) to the executive (see below).
The event organizers receive a number of benefits. These include: event insurance that covers the organizers and the participants. Also, access to timing equipment and organizational materials; technical assistance in planning and running an event.
All members of Athletics Yukon are covered by a blanket insurance policy while engaged in official sanctioned Athletics Yukon activities.
As part of Athletics Yukon commitment to ensuring that members have access to a range of competitive experiences, periodically Athletics Yukon will establish selection criteria and choose athletes to compete in major competitions outside the territory, including:
- Jack Brow Memorial Track and Field Meet (Kelowna B.C.)
- Western Canada Summer Games
- Canada Summer Games
- Arctic Winter Games
- B.C. Provincial Cross Country Championships
- Canadian Cross Country Championships
- Canadian Juvenile Championships including the National Legion Track and Field Camp
- Canadian Junior Championships for Track and Field
Athletics Yukon Affiliate Members
For the purposes of hosting of competitions in Athletics and/or the promotion of and support in the development of Athletics, Athletics Yukon affiliate members are:
- Boreal Adventure Running Association
- Yukon River Trail Marathon
- Mount Lorne Mis-Adventure Race – contact Sue MacKinnon-Dunn (867) 668-7814.
- Run Dawson (Gold Poke; Dome and Dempster to Dawson races) – contact www.rundawson.com or Jody Beaumont email@example.com and Marta Selassie firstname.lastname@example.org